Process to estimate the value of a nonphysical assets such as franchises, trademarks, patents, copyrights, goodwill, equities, mineral rights, securities, and contracts (as distinguished from physical assets) that grant rights and privileges, and have value for the owner.
INTANGIBLE ASSETS & INTELECTUAL PROPERTY VALUATION
- Marketing related: brands, trademarks
- Contract related: Customer Lists, Sales/Agency Contracts, Distribution rights & Networks, Franchises and Licensing Agreements
- Technology related: engineering drawings, industrial designs, recipes
- Computer related: Software Licenses, IT Products, Databases
- Intellectual Property and other intangible assets: copyrights, designs, goodwill, pool of employees
- In Process Research and Development/IPR&D Intangible Assets
Intangible assets and IPRD valuations are required in transfer of ownership transactions, royalty rate assessments, purchase price allocations in an M&A and for financial reporting purposes.